Application Deadline: December 15, 2017
All applications must be submitted through the Law School Admissions Council (LSAC). A complete application contains the following:
The Credential Assembly Service (CAS) Law School Report including
- official certification of each degree you have earned
- two letters of recommendation through LSAC’s Letter of Recommendation Service
- official TOEFL score if proficiency in English is not met as described above
The completed Cornell Law School LL.M. Application form and supporting documents including
- character & fitness addendum (if required)
The 2016-2017 application deadlines are as follows:
Round 1 – October 3, 2016
Round 2 – January 20, 2017
Round 3 – March 3, 2017
The Law Tech program is an integral part of the new academic model at Cornell Tech, where education and research are closely tied to creating and expanding companies and industries. As a student, you’ll have unique collaboration opportunities on campus, as well as with New York-based companies in the tech industry.
For foreign-trained students, the Tech LLM will not by itself qualify graduates to sit for the New York State bar examination; but, by undertaking a semester of additional coursework at Cornell’s Ithaca campus, foreign-trained students who desire to do so can satisfy the requirements to sit for the bar.
Who should apply?
Ideal candidates for the LLM degree at Cornell Tech are already-practicing attorneys or recent law graduates who possess strong academic or professional credentials, as well as an active interest in technology and entrepreneurship.
Cornell LL.M Programの締め切り日が発表されました。
All applications are due December 15 for a decision by mid-February. To be considered for a scholarship award, all application materials must be received by this date.
また、上記サイトにはApplication Checklist(Statement of Purpose課題）も掲載されていますので、まずは一読してください。
By December 15, please submit your application, including all supporting materials, through LSAC. A complete application includes the following:
- Application form-A completed and signed application form.
- Statement of interest–A statement of approximately 750 words explaining your purpose for obtaining the degree, your research and study interests, and their relation to your previous education and professional goals. Include your full name on the top of each page of the statement of interest.
- Transcripts/degree certifications-Complete official transcripts of all previous college, university, and graduate/professional school study, including work done at Cornell. You must use LSAC’s Document Assembly and International Transcript Authentication and Evaluation Services.
- Letters of recommendation-Two letters of recommendation from faculty members acquainted with your work in the major area of study. If that work occurred more than three years ago, or if such letters are not obtainable because of circumstances beyond your control, recommendations from those familiar with your professional performance are acceptable. These should also be submitted through the LSAC’s Letter of Recommendation Service.
- Demonstration of English proficiency-Proficiency in English is required for admission. Your level of proficiency, as demonstrated by all aspects of the application, is a significant factor in our decision-making process. If your native language is not English, you must take the TOEFL unless you have received your first degree in law from a college or university in a country where both the language of instruction and native language is English. We do not accept IELTS.
- Application fee-Nonrefundable U.S. $80 application fee.
Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified translation in a signed, sealed envelope. Our committee will review complete applications only. Applications received after January 1 will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
LL.M. Decision: February 1 (All application materials due, for a decision by early April). To be considered for academic fellowships, all application materials must be received by January 10.
そして、TOEFLのMinimum Recommended Scoreに関する記載内容には79ptsがminimum scoreと記されています。そして更には、Accepted applicants whose TOEFL scores are between 550 and 600 (paper-based), between 213 and 250 (computer-based, or between 79 and 100 (Internet-based)) must take the English placement test given at Cornell during registration weekとも続きます。
又、同校のPersona Statementに関する課題内容は以下の通りです。文字数、フォント等に関する記述はなされていません。Please submit a separate statement of interest discussing your academic interests and proposed course of study at Cornell. 「記述していないなら、何枚でも・・・」という訳にはいきませんので、匙加減を見極めていかなければなりませんね。
Cornell University, Law SchoolのLL.M.出願締切日が発表されました。その他の出願要綱と合わせて、下記URLよりご確認ください。
■LL.M. Decision: February 1 (All application materials due, for a decision by early April). To be considered for academic fellowships, all application materials must be received by January 10.