「数か月以上に渡り作り上げた書類がどのように審査されるだろうか？」出願者の立場として、こうした疑問は少なからず抱くと思います（私も出願者であった当時は似たような心境でした）。そして、このような疑問に対する１つの回答として、数十年以上に渡りChicago (Booth School)やColumbia (Teachers College)等でInternational Applicantsの入学審査経験を持つDr. Martinが自らの経験をシェアされています。http://www.usnews.com/education/blogs/graduate-school-road-map/2013/06/21/how-grad-school-officials-evaluate-international-applicants
同コラムの中で取り上げられているGood English Skillsの項目欄にて取り上げられていますが、English Proficiencyは主に、読み、書き、聞く、話すの４技能から構成されます。そしてそれぞれにおいて、一定水準以上の能力を有する事実を、テストスコアやインタビュー、エッセイ、レジュメ、推薦状を通じて多角的に審査官へ伝えていきましょう。
New York Unviersity, Stern School of Businessでは、Center of Human Rightsの立ち上げが行われています。Human Rights(人権)に関する諸問題は主にロースクールでの研究対象分野ですが、ビジネスやマネジメント分野との学問的な融合から、新たな発想や見地を含む研究成果が発表されるかもしれません。同センターの主任教授のインタビュー記事が掲載されています。
Duke, Fuqua School of Businessのエッセイ課題も発表されました。Short Essay(３題）と合わせて、エッセイ課題数は全5題となります。
Required Short Answer Questions: Answer all 3 questions. Respond in 250 characters only (the equivalent of about 50 words).
1. What are your short-term goals, post-MBA?
2. What are your long-term goals?
3. Life is full of uncertainties, and plans and circumstances can change. As a result, navigating a career requires you to be adaptable. Should the short-term goals that you provided above not materialize what alternative directions have you considered?
Required Essays: Answer both essay questions
The “Team Fuqua” spirit and community is one of the things that sets The Duke MBA experience apart, and it is a concept that extends beyond the student body to include faculty, staff, and administration. When a new person joins the Admissions team, we ask that person to share with everyone in the office a list of “25 Random Things About Yourself.” As an Admissions team, we already know the new hire’s professional and academic background, so learning these “25 Random Things” helps us get to know someone’s personality, background, special talents, and more.
In this spirit, the Admissions Committee also wants to get to know you–beyond the professional and academic achievements listed in your resume and transcript. You can share with us important life experiences, your likes/dislikes, hobbies, achievements, fun facts, or anything that helps us understand what makes you who you are. Share with us your list of “25 Random Things” about YOU.
Please present your response in list form, numbered 1 to 25. Some points may be only a few words, while others may be longer. Your complete list should not exceed 2 pages.
When asked by your family, friends, and colleagues why you want to go to Duke, what do you tell them? Share the reasons that are most meaningful to you.Your response to this essay question should be no more than 2 pages in length. Please respond fully and concisely using 1.5 line spacing.
Geogetown Uniersity, McDonough School of Businessの締切日も発表されました。
Application Deadline: October 10, 2013
Application Deadline: January 5, 2014
Application Deadline: April 1, 2014
**International students are strongly encouraged to apply by Round 2 in order to have sufficient time to secure a student visa.
Application Deadline: 13 September 2013
Application Deadline: 25 October 2013
Application Deadline: 10 January 2014
Application Deadline: 14 March 2014
Application Deadline: 25 April 2014
Application Deadline: 30 May 2014
The Saïd Business School reserves the right to close admissions to the MBA programme at any time after the stage 4 deadline on 14 March 2014. Applications to the MBA class starting in September 2014 may therefore close before the final published deadline of 30 May 2014, should all places in the programme be filled before this time. If we decide to close the MBA programme anytime after the March deadline, an announcement will be published on our website one week before the relevant deadline to let candidates know whether or not there will be a further deadline. Please check our website regularly if you intend to apply after the March deadline to ensure that the programme will still be open for admission.
We chose to change our essays this year because after careful review of successful candidates, we found there are three main elements they addressed very well:
1) understood their value proposition because they knew how to answer difficult questions about their true intentions and understood what they look forward to in joining b-school,
2) we really like people that have made things happen for them showing they are self-driven and motivated and
3) those with focus and confidence in their career self-efficacy.
Essay #1 “Who you are”
We continue to ask the “chapter headings” essay because we really enjoy reading it and get great information about you that we cannot get anywhere else in the process, even the interview.
Ø You are the author for the book of Your Life Story. In 300 words or less please write the table of contents for the book. Note: approach this essay with your unique style. We value creativity and authenticity.
Essay #2 “Who you turn out to be”
Instructions: Please answer the following three questions in abbreviated format. (Keep each answer in 150 words or less)
Ø When did you decide that business school was the next step for you? (Was this an epiphany or an evolutionary process? What was the catalyst that caused you to consider this next step?)
Ø Johnson values people that make things happen for themselves. Give an example of how you have initiated this for yourself.
Ø Please describe your immediate post MBA career goals.
1. Imagine that you are at the Texas MBA Orientation for the Class of 2016. Please introduce yourself to your new classmates, and include any personal and/or professional aspects that you believe to be significant. Select only one communication method that you would like to use for your response.
2.In the Texas MBA program we value our tight-knit and highly collaborative culture. Outside of your professional goals, please discuss why you are a good fit with the Texas MBA program and how you intend to impact the Texas MBA community? (250 words)
3.What do you hope to gain from your Texas MBA experience? How do you expect to develop, both personally and professionally, during the Texas MBA program? (250 words)
Optional Essay: Please provide any additional information to the Admissions Committee that you believe is important and/or will address any areas of concern that will be beneficial to the Admissions Committee in considering your application. (200 words)
University of Texas, Austin, McCombs School of Businessの出願締切日が発表されました
・Round 1 Deadline: October 15, 2013
・Round 2 Deadline: January 21, 2014
・Round 3 Deadline: March 27, 2014
Tuck Schoolにおいてもエッセイ課題が発表されました。字数やスペースに関する注意事項(Optional Essay課題の後に引用）も合わせてご確認ください。
1. Why is an MBA a critical next step toward your short- and long-term career goals? Why
is Tuck the best MBA fit for you and your goals and why are you the best fit for Tuck?
2. Tell us
about your most meaningful collaborative leadership experience and what role you
played. What did you learn about your own individual strengths and weaknesses
through this experience?
3. Describe a circumstance in your life in which you faced adversity, failure, or setback. What actions did you take as a result and what did you learn from this experience?
4. (Optional) Please provide any additional insight or information that you have not addressed elsewhere that may be helpful in reviewing your application (e.g., unusual choice of evaluators, weaknesses in academic performance, unexplained job gaps or changes, etc.). Complete this question only if you feel your candidacy is not fully represented by this application.
Please respond fully but concisely to the following essay questions. There are no right
or wrong answers. We encourage applicants to limit the length of their responses
to 500 words for each essay. Please double-space your responses