・Carnegie Mellon Tepper School of Business
・Columbia Business School
・Duke University Fuqua School of Business
・Fordham University Gabelli School of Business
・Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
・London Business School, Masters in Leadership and Strategy (Mid-Career Program)
・MIT Sloan School of Management, Sloan Fellows Program (Mid-Career Program)
・New York University Leonard N. Stern School of Business
・Rice University Jones Graduate School of Business
・Stanford Graduate School of Business, MSx Program (Mid-Career Program)
・University of Rochester Simon Business School
・The University of Texas at Austin McCombs School of Business
・University of Virginia Darden School of Business
・Vanderbilt University Owen Graduate School of Management
As a pilot for our 2020-2021 application cycle (i.e. Class of 2023), we are pleased to announce a standardized test waiver.
If you are applying in Round 3 for our class starting this August (i.e. Class of 2022), this waiver request process does NOT apply, and you should submit a standardized test score – GMAT, GRE, MCAT, LSAT, ACT, SAT – with your application materials.
Waiver requests for the 2020-2021 application cycle will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and our Admissions Committee will consider a number of factors when evaluating these requests. Particular regard will be given for indicators of academic and professional accomplishment, including but not limited to:
A strong undergraduate and/or graduate record including performance in analytical coursework or disciplines
CPA or CFA designation or other professional certification/discipline
Master’s or advanced degree in an analytical discipline
Seven (7) or more years of progressive, professional work experience in an analytical field
Strong performance on a U.S. college admissions test (SAT and/or ACT) or a national exam administered for admission to bachelor’s study in other countries
These factors will be considered in combination with resume and transcripts for all degree-related coursework. Candidates who present a strong profile across several criteria (including supporting materials) are more likely to be granted a test waiver than candidates who meet only one criterion. We recommend revewing our Standardized Test FAQs before submitting your waiver request.
To be considered for a waiver of our standardized test requirement, please complete the required fields and upload the appropriate documentation when prompted.
1. Darden strives to identify and cultivate responsible leaders who follow their purpose. Please provide an example of a situation in which you have made a meaningful impact. (200 words)
2. Diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission, and they work best when they are an integral and celebrated part of our community. Read University of Virginia’s Diversity & Inclusion Vision Statement. Share a time in which you engaged with a perspective, identity, community or experience that was different from your own and how it impacted your worldview. (200 words)
3. The Batten Foundation Worldwide Scholarship provides all Darden students in our full-time MBA program with an opportunity to participate in a Darden Worldwide Course. If you could choose any location in the world, where would you want to travel, and why? (50 words)
4. Tell us what you would want your learning team to know about you – personally, professionally, or both? (100 words)
5. What is your short-term, post-MBA goal and why? (150 words)
・Application due : September 12 , 2017
・Notification by : October 19, 2017
・Application due : October 10 , 2017
・Notification by : December 15, 2017
・Application due : January 3 , 2018
・Notification by : March 15, 2018
・Application due : March 20 , 2018
・Notification by : May 1, 2018
The Early Action option is ideal for applicants who have completed their MBA research and have decided that this is the best program for them. Applicants admitted in Early Action must submit a tuition deposit along with official transcript(s) by December 8, 2017.
If your ability to enroll is dependent upon receiving merit-based scholarship assistance, you should apply during Early Action, Round 1, or Round 2.
International Applicants: you must apply during Early Action, Round 1, or Round 2 for visa processing.
Re-applicants: reapply for during Early Action or Round 1.
When preparing for class at Darden, students formulate an opinion on each case before meeting with their learning teams and class sections. When encountering different views and perspectives from their own, opinions frequently shift. Tell us about a time when your opinion evolved through discussions with others. (500 words maximum)