今月中旬には、毎年恒例のUS News Rankingが発表されました。
Best Law School ランキングはJ.D.プログラムを対象としたものですが、出願先を選定する際には同ランキングを参考にするアプリカントの方々も多数いらっしゃいますので、下記URLをご案内させていただきます。
1. Yale Univ.
2. Harvard Univ.
2. Stanford Univ.
4. Columbia Univ.
4. Univ. of Chicago
6. New York Univ.
7. Univ. of Pennsylvania
8. Univ. of California, Berkeley
8. Univ. of Michigan
8. Univ. of Virginia
11. Duke Univ.
12. Northwestern Univ.
13. Cornell Univ.
14. Georgetown Univ.
15. Univ. of Texas, Austin
16. Vanderbilt Univ.
18. Washington Univ. in St. Louis
19. Univ. of Southern California
20. Boston Univ.
当学院ではLL.M.出願に関する相談も承っております。出願までのマイルストーン、タスクの把握、出願時期（Early RoundやRegular Round）の設定などお考えの方は、ぜひ一度留学相談へお越しください。
University of Chicago, LL.M. Programの出願締め切り日です。
December 15—Priority application submission deadline. On or before this date candidates should have submitted their Basic Information Form electronically to the Law School and the following items to the LSAC LLMCAS: application for admission, personal statement, and resume. Candidates may apply after December 15. They do not need to ask permission to do this. They should understand, however, that they assume the risk that most admission decisions will have been made by the time their applications have been completed and reviewed by the Graduate Studies Committee. Candidates who do apply after December 15 should include with their personal statements an explanation about why they did not apply before the deadline.
January 15—Priority application completion deadline. Although most applicants will have completed their applications (application for admission, personal statement, resume, transcripts, TOEFL/IELTS scores, and letters of recommendation) by the December 15 deadline, candidates whose applications are completed between December 15 and January 15 will receive full application review before decisions are sent out on February 15. Applications completed after January 15 will be reviewed once they are complete, but those candidates should understand that, as a practical matter, the later we review a completed application, the less likely we are to be able to offer admission. This timing varies from year to year, and it is impossible to predict ahead of time when we will have to stop offering admission to candidates.
Vanderbilt University, LL.M.プログラムの出願締め切り日です。以下、Rolling Basis Admissions Cycleを考慮した出願時期の設定ですが、他大学の締め切り日との兼ね合いもありますので、まずは出願校を確定し、それぞれの出願時期（Early oｒ Regular or Rolling Basis)を把握した上で、その「時期」を決定していきましょう。
LL.M. Selection Process
Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis. We make decisions on individual applications as quickly as possible, although the time required may vary from case to case. We evaluate each application thoroughly, reflecting our belief that the quality of the educational environment at Vanderbilt Law School benefits from considering a broad range of information contained in each application.
Complete, sign and date the LSAC Electronic Application form. The following items should be submitted with your online application form:
- Vanderbilt Law Electronic Application,
- Transcripts and Degree Verification via LLM CAS,
- TOEFL Report or IELTS Report via LLM CAS,
- Letters of Recommendation via LSAC Letter of Recommendation Service,
- Personal Statement,
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae,
- Application Fee
Norhtwestern Univ. LL.M. Programの出願締め切り日です。
・2016/1/15：Deadline for receipt of completed LL.M. application.
Application MaterialsとEvaluation Interview** (Option)の件についても、下記のurlにてご確認ください。
Interviews provide the Admissions Committee with additional information about your communication skills, maturity, and motivation.Admissions interviews are optional but are strongly encouraged.
Univ. of Michigan LL.M.の出願締め切り日も発表されています。
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 31
The completed application and all supporting materials must reach us between October and the end of January preceding the academic year for which admission is sought. Applications will be reviewed only when they are complete. All applications which are ready for review by the end of January will have equal chances for admission; thereafter, admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis. Applicants will receive notice of decision by late March or early April.
同校はAppliaction Formsは、CollegeNet or LSAC.orgのいずれかを選択して出願することが可能です。そして、Recommendation Formに至りましても、“All letters of recommendation must include either LSAC’s or Michigan Law’s recommender form, completed by the applicant and the recommender.”とありますように、スクールオリジナルのフォームを使用することが可能です。
Cornell LL.M Programの締め切り日が発表されました。
All applications are due December 15 for a decision by mid-February. To be considered for a scholarship award, all application materials must be received by this date.
また、上記サイトにはApplication Checklist(Statement of Purpose課題）も掲載されていますので、まずは一読してください。
By December 15, please submit your application, including all supporting materials, through LSAC. A complete application includes the following:
- Application form-A completed and signed application form.
- Statement of interest-A statement of approximately 750 words explaining your purpose for obtaining the degree, your research and study interests, and their relation to your previous education and professional goals. Include your full name on the top of each page of the statement of interest.
- Transcripts/degree certifications-Complete official transcripts of all previous college, university, and graduate/professional school study, including work done at Cornell. You must use LSAC’s Document Assembly and International Transcript Authentication and Evaluation Services.
- Letters of recommendation-Two letters of recommendation from faculty members acquainted with your work in the major area of study. If that work occurred more than three years ago, or if such letters are not obtainable because of circumstances beyond your control, recommendations from those familiar with your professional performance are acceptable. These should also be submitted through the LSAC’s Letter of Recommendation Service.
- Demonstration of English proficiency-Proficiency in English is required for admission. Your level of proficiency, as demonstrated by all aspects of the application, is a significant factor in our decision-making process. If your native language is not English, you must take the TOEFL unless you have received your first degree in law from a college or university in a country where both the language of instruction and native language is English. We do not accept IELTS.
- Application fee-Nonrefundable U.S. $80 application fee.
Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified translation in a signed, sealed envelope. Our committee will review complete applications only. Applications received after January 1 will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
LLM and E-LLM Applicants with Foreign Education Credentials:
- December 15, 2015
All prospective students who received their first law degree outside of the United States, whether interested in full-time or part-time study, must apply and submit all required materials by December 15 to begin studies in the Fall 2016 semester (August).
Personal Statement and Résumé
All applicants must electronically attach to the online application a brief personal statement of no more than 500 words. Applicants may describe their professional interests and goals, or they may use the statement to describe aspects of themselves and/or their work that are not apparent from their other application materials. Applicants should include their reasons and qualifications for applying to a particular program or specialization.
All applicants must also electronically attach a résumé or curriculum vitae to their application. This document may be one to two pages in length, and should account for all education and work experience, as well as any period of more than three months not spent in school or employed. Publications, presentations, or other career-related information may also be indicated.
Any additional information an applicant would like to share with the Committee on Graduate Admissions that is not already present in the other application materials may be electronically attached as an addendum to the online application.
Georgetown Law School LL.M.プログラムの出願締め切り日が発表されました。
◆LL.M. and Certificate Application Deadlines for Foreign-Trained Attorneys
- Friday, November 13, 2015: Fall 2016 LL.M. and Certificate Early Action Application Deadline
- Applications completed by the Early Action deadline will receive a decision by Friday, December 18, 2015. To apply Early Action, foreign-educated applicants must complete their LL.M. applications with all required documentation by Friday, November 13, 2015.
- Friday, February 12, 2016: Fall 2016 LL.M. and Certificate Regular Action Application Deadline
- The Committee endeavors to issue decisions within 6-10 weeks of the date the application is completed.
Columbia Law Schoolの出願締め切り日が発表されました。
11月3日と12月15日のいずれからより選択しますが、「早 く出願する」ことのみに意識を向けることなく、テストスコア、出願書類（Resume, Statement of Purpose, Recommendation）の仕上がり状況をも見据えた上で、自分にとって最適なタイミングにて出願しましょう。
◆ Early Review Program
Applicants for admission to our 2016-2017 LL.M. Program, except those who are in the final year of their first law degree and reapplicants who were not granted admission, have the option of applying through the Early Review Program. The advantage of applying early is that you will most likely have a decision by late December. We encourage early applications from those who feel they have compiled their strongest possible application by November 3. To be considered under the Early Review Program, you must:
- Submit your online application by the early review deadline;
- Submit your transcripts, TOEFL scores, and letters of recommendation to LSAC a few weeks in advance of the November 3 deadline so that they have time to process your full CAS report and forward it to us by November 3; and
- Specify that you wish to be considered for early review by answering “yes” to the Early Review question in the “Application Deadlines” section of this application.
All application materials, including supporting documents and TOEFL scores, must be submitted and fully processed and considered complete by Columbia by November 3, 2015. If your application is not complete by November 3, 2015 (including your full CAS report), we will automatically defer your application for consideration as part of the regular admission cycle.
We will provide a decision for early applicants by the end of December. Applicants will be admitted, rejected, or deferred to the regular admission cycle. If you are admitted through the Early Review Program, you will not be required to withdraw your applications to other LL.M. programs.
Regular Application Deadline
The Columbia online application through LSAC must be submitted by December 15, 2015 and all supporting documents for the CAS report must be postmarked to LSAC by December 15.
Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis, in most cases no later than late April. Rolling admissions means that we evaluate applications randomly; the date you submitted your application often has no bearing on when you will receive a decision. Some candidates will have a decision in early January, others in late April. If you have not yet received a decision, it most likely means that the Committee simply has not yet reviewed your application (so you should not worry!). We strive to give every candidate an answer by the end of April.
企業関係者へ実施したアンケートをベースにLL.M. Tax Lawランキングが発表されました。昨年度に続いて、New York Universityが最高の評価を得ております。
1. New York University
2. Georgetown University
3. University of Florida
4. Boston University
5. Villanova University
6. University of Michigan
7. Northwestern University
8. DePaul University
9. University of Miami
10. New York Law School
11. Golden Gate University
この時期、学校調査を実施している方々も多いかと思います。ランキングはあくまでも、学校選択における一つの目安になるものの、実際にはカリキュラムの中身を調査し、Post LL.M.のキャリアを見据えた上で必要不可欠な科目を見定めていきましょう。こうした作業こそが、出願用のStatement of Purpose（Essay)内容を強化する上での重要な要因の一つとなります。